New Life For Old Threads: Looking Beyond the Dress DIY

So this is what I was working with. It had potential. And to be honest, I was hoping I could keep it as a dress. But there were issues with this dress that I just hadn’t anticipated, and when I tried to make the dress smaller those issues only became more evident, so, I scrapped the dress idea. Sometimes my projects don't work out.. It's frustrating, but I have learned to get over it and not get discouraged.

The thing that was making this dress so awkward was the elastic in the waist. It didn’t bunch right and looked messy. So I took the elastic off and cut the bottom of the dress off. I also took the sides and sleeves in slightly.

 This is what I got. Not perfect but I like it.


Post a Comment